Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Mother and Son Poem

CJ and I wrote a poem together while we were at the hospital receiving chemo. I told him I would dictate a line to him about how I felt and he could dictate a line back to me about he felt. I think you will love how it turned out as much as I did.

Dear Son With Love To Mother:

My precious son; my heart aches at all you are going through,
If I could take your pain away I would.

My dear mom; my heart aches at all you are going through,
If I could take your pain away I would.

My precious son; I wish I could protect you from words like
Cancer, chemo, and complete blood counts.

My dear mom; I wish I could protect you from words like
Cancer, chemo and complete blood counts.

My precious son; as I watch you struggle to be brave,
My heart swells with pride and love for you.

My dear mom; as I watch you struggle to be brave,
My heart swells with pride and love for you.

My precious son, I will be by your side every moment,
We will walk through this trial together.

My dear mom, I will be by your side every moment,
We will walk through this trial together.

My precious son, may God grant you the peace that passes all understanding;
Remember His mercies are new every morning and great is His faithfulness.

My dear mom, may God grant you the peace that passes all understanding;
Remember His mercies are new every morning and great is His faithfulness.

I love you CJ.
I love you too mommy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was copied and pasted here from above to be with the other poems. To see the comments, see original posting above