Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sharing CJ's Story

As you all know from reading CJ's story, one of the most difficult aspects of a cancer diagnosis for this 9 year old boy was learning he would not be playing sports during his treatment. All sports equipment got packed away but we did not have the heart to take down his basketball hoop. That makes these pictures we just received all the more special. This is our neighbor Daan sharing CJ's story and bracelets with Dwaye Wade and Alonzo Mourning of the Miami Heat. It is strange to see Dwayne Wade holding one of CJ's bracelets since CJ has a model of him in his room. My kids became a Wade fan when they read that he chose the number 3 to symbolize his faith in the Trinity. We are Alonzo Mourning fans because of his faith and work with Athletes for Hope. He, among other fine athletes, has used his blessings to bless others, and that is something we all need to learn to do more of. This is the amazing part...CJ also chose the number #3 for his go cart for the same reason as Wade. Our other son, Brett has #33 on his cart. This symbolizes the age of Jesus when he died. When you put them together you have the phone number for God. Jeremiah 33:3 "Call to me to and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." And guess what number Alonzo Mourning wears. You guessed it....33. God is so amazing. He is in the most minute details. It is no accident it was these two men who my neighbor encountered to share CJ's story with. We are so amazed at God's hand in every detail in regards to CJ.


Thank you Daan for caring enough about this little child to share his story.




Dwayne Wade holding a pray for CJ bracelet!




Alonzo Mourning receiving a Pray for CJ bracelet.
And he put it on! Thank you Mr. Mourning! You just made this 9 year olds day! Nothing else you put on today is more valuable in Gods sight!


Even these pictures flooded us with painful memories of the past. CJ attended the Miami Heat Basketball camp in the summer of 2007. His stomach was in severe pain and he struggled to get through the week. He was very excited about the camp and we just thought it was a stomach bug or nerves. At the end of the week the coach writes an evaluation on each child. They point out positive aspects of the child's performance and give pointers. CJ did well but the coach also wrote, "Sometimes it seems like you are not having much fun". This always stood out to me because CJ is so outgoing and friendly. I realized he must have really not been feeling well for the coach to have noticed. Looking back now, it is amazing CJ even was able to complete the week. Who knows what was beginning to develop in his little body considering that one year later he was diagnosed with Stage 3 Lymphoma. He is my hero!


Here is CJ at the camp in June 07:


CJ in his Wade jersey at camp.



CJ receiving his evaluation from his coach.


And there you have it....33:3 .....Sorry folks, but at this point we are way beyond coincidences!

10 comments:

Janet S said...

It is just amazing how many lives you are touching, CJ...how far this blog is reaching and how many people it is reaching. You are being prayed over by so many!!
We love you and are praying!!
Sedanos

@ndrea- said...

Wow just what Mrs. Sedano said is exactly what i was thinking!
Every time i read this blog i am more amazed by the new lives you are touching day after day. Thank you for sharing this!!
love,

Andrea

Ily(hearts) said...

Wow this is an awesome story. God is awesome, He is always working and we don't even realize to what extent. Dawn, I was at Milano Jewelers in Pembroke Pines the other day and you know I always have Cj's bracelet on. People sometimes ask me and I tell them Cj's story but I always end it with the same note "God is in total control of this situation" Anyways the lady behind the counter asked what the blue bracelet was for and I went ahead and told her Cj’s story, She then asked me the little boys name and I said Cj. She opened her eyes big and said I knew about him through his grandma. This is not a coincidence. God always has a plan. I know the Lord is working in us all and through us. I thank you and your family for allowing yourselves to be so open and share Cj's story and the love for the Lord you guys have.
Blessings,
ILy FIgueroa
SW Ranches, Fl.

Elena, Jessica and Emily Rodriguez said...

As always your sincere, open heart always humbles us. Thank you for sharing your life with everyone.. Your being prayed for daily.. Never forgotten or forsaken by the Savior.

Luke 12:7
Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

God loves you CJ and so do we..

Jessica, Emily and Elena Rodriguez

Anonymous said...

WOW! GOD IS TRULY ALWAYS WITH US, IF WE WOULD JUST TAKE THE TIME TO STOP, LOOK, AND LISTEN, WE WOULD SEE HOW TRULY PRESENT HE IS! THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR ENCOUNTER.

LOVE JACKS

Anonymous said...

George family,
Waaaay beyond any possibility of coincidence, our God is so AWESOME!!! How gracious of Him to allow us to see so much of His hand at work to encourage and strengthen us. Imagine how much more He is doing in us and through us that we don't yet see or won't even see until we are with Him face to face. Your blog is one of those things you will most likely not be able to see all the many ways God is using it. Thank you for continuing to share your stories with us so we can all pray with you, pray for you, cry with you , and praise God with you. "O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!" PS 8:9 Continuing to pray for CJ's blood counts, favor with the Doctors, wisdom in decisions and what questions to ask, and last but not least for Chris to heal. Love to all, VG

Tammi said...

Dear CJ,
I miss you so very much, my sweetheart! Only two more weeks until I can come down there and see you! I love how your Mommy alwayssees the LORD in everything. It reminds me not to take anything for granted. I hope that you liked my last prayers that I put on the blog a couple of comments ago. I printed out that prayer and hung it on my wall so I could read it to GOD everyday while I am praying for you. I miss you and I love you!
AuntTammi

Anonymous said...

CJ:

I never knew that Dwayne Wade had picked the #3 for God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. That's cool! Congratulations that Dwayne and Zo got to wear your bracelets.
I have been praying for you. I hope you feel better!

God Bless You,

From: Tito Viguie

Martha Rivero said...

CJ,

Waoooo I am speechless! I am so happy that you are touching many lifes and hearts, through your story people are opening their self and their souls, they are praying, they are feeling God's hand on all this, I feel happy that your story is reaching and moving people to grow in Christ, to be one in God's love and in our prayers. We are all praying for you CJ, we are, and will be praying for you and your family in our knees, God bless you always!!!!
I heard one sermon once, the pastor whom was feeding us the word had lost his son that same week, and he said that loosing his son was terrible painful, but he felt God' s hand on him, God's voice telling him that everything was going to be ok, and that God was with him no matter what, no matter how painful it was, God was crying out with him, walking with him through the difficulties and the pain, he then said: "If I have to loose another son to feel God's hand, voice and presence in my life, I will loose it again.
I will never forget this sermon CJ, and I will never forget when you wrote that you will get the shots, and the cancer, and everything again just to send us the same message that Jesus Christ died for us and he is our savior.

Thank you CJ, your message have been received for so many in need, one of them is me.

Love,

Martha

Janet M said...

Hey Georges, I love this story and I love how close God is to your family. Although you are going through this hard time, it seems to me that you are at the very center of God's will for your lives. He is involved in the big things that make your head spin as well as the small things that warm your heart and put a smile on your face. Our God is amazing! Please know that we always pray daily for all of you and look forward to the story of when CJ meets those Miami Heat guys. I bet you would love that CJ. The Mahfoods love you all.