Thursday, March 19, 2009

You're ALL Invited




You are all invited to celebrate CJ's 10th birthday and God's amazing grace with us as we get ready to begin long term maintenance. Yes, I said all! Family, friends, faithful blog readers, prayer warriors, supporters! Whether we have ever met you or not, we would like to invite you to celebrate with us.

In God's perfect timing, CJ ends this initial intense 6 months of chemo and begins long term maintenance at the same time he turns 10! How fitting. One milestone marked by another. We simply must celebrate both! We plan to do this by renting a pavilion at a local park and asking all of you to join us for an afternoon picnic and time of celebration.

We have thought extensively about how to do this in the most fruitful way possible and we think the best way is to set the date and time, announce the location, and invite you all to come. We will be providing a bounce house for the little kids and some sports and activities for the older. (CJ has been itching to play a game of flag football with friends!) We will be providing some drinks, cake and snacks. Since we have no idea how many people might possibly show up, we decided the best way to handle the food was to do this 'picnic style'. The way we would handle that is this: You would come to the park and bring lunch for your family. Pack a lunch, pickup subs or sandwiches, pizza or the like and bring it to the park. We will all picnic together and just enjoy the afternoon with families and friends. This will free us all up to just visit and enjoy each others fellowship without the burden of cooking.

The date we have picked is Saturday, April 4th at 11am.
The location of the picnic will be announced as soon as we secure one So far we have had no luck. Praise GOD, after multiple calls and internet searches we finally found one! The location is one block from our home in North West Miami Dade at North Palm Baptist Church 7801 NW 178 Street. Miami, FL 33015. (We live of the Miami Gardens exit and I-75) Thank you Lord for allowing all those no's to lead me to this greater YES!

What we are hoping to do is start getting a head count of who can come to help us better prepare. Can you please rsvp to me by posting a comment or sending me an email at dawnison@gmail.com.

IMPORTANT NOTE: To be completely fair and upfront with you, I must tell you that this will be completely dependent on CJ's response to the chemo he is receiving this week. It has the potential to have a delayed effect and knock his counts way back. We are praying that does not happen. However, if it were to happen there may be a last minute cancellation. So I would urge everyone to check here right before going to the park that Saturday to be sure we are still a go. *This was also another reason we decided on picnic style. We knew if we had to cancel because of his counts we would have lots of food to store and this may be difficult.

I am open to suggestions and looking forward to spending an afternoon with all of you. Please come! Please do not think to yourself that this is a time for family and close friends only. We really do want to meet all of you who have prayed so faithfully for us, encouraged us through this blog, cried with us, purchased bracelets, supported us, etc. Come out and wish CJ a special happy birthday. Picnic, play football, party with us, pray with us! There will be a special time of thanking God for all He has done for us through all of you throughout these 6 months.

The theme for this party is Grace! God's amazing Grace! Not just his Amazing Grace that was poured out for us on the cross, but his continual grace that sustains us and empowers us day by day taking us from strength to strength in the midst of our joys and our trials.

As a special note to all of the faithful long distance blog readers and prayer warriors...we wish we could celebrate with you face to face as well, but we will settle for heart to heart. You mean so much to us! We are extremely grateful for your love and support and prayers. We look forward to our paths crossing sometime in the future, or ultimately, on the golden path in Heaven.


Set the date aside:

April 4th, 11am.
North Palm Baptist Church
7801 NW 178 Street
Miami, FL 33015

Remember the Theme:
CJ's 10th Birthday
and
God's Amazing Grace


Furthermore...You are all invited to celebrate CJ's actual birthday with us the very next day by joining us for our first Sunday back to church as a family on Palm Sunday April 5th. So if you can not make it to the park on the 4th, or you just want to keep celebrating with us we would love to have you with us for this special day! We meet in Miami Lakes Middle School at 10am.

The following Sunday, April 12th is Easter. If you do not have a church home we would love to celebrate this most special holiday with you and your family by inviting you to church with our family. We are so full of joy and thankful that CJ is finally going to be able to go. This one aspect of his treatment has been very difficult for our family. Of all Sundays to finally be there as a family, Easter Sunday will be such a blessing. Come celebrate the Resurrection of our Lord with us. And if you don't know Him personally, come and meet Him. Come hear the good news of His life, death and resurrection and what it means specifically for you!

"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever!"
(Rev. 1:17-18)


A HUGE thank you to Pastor Sablan and all of our friends at North Palm Baptist Church for allowing us to have this time of celebration there. We were about to cancel or change the date since we had no luck with securing a shelter. We are so grateful for your love, support, and friendship to us and our family. Thank you for providing for our 'need' in this way. We look forward to celebrating CJ's life and recovery with all of you! We love you, The George Family


37 comments:

CeCe said...

Dear Mrs. George,

We are definitely going to be there! I am very excited, and I bet everyone else is too! I can't wait to see you guys at church that Sunday too! We are going to have a great time! God is so good! Happy birthday CJ! Double digits!I remember my 10th birthday! I felt so old! Ha ha! Ok, can I pray????

Dear God,
Please help CJ's blood counts not go down on the day of his birthday, and the day of his picnic, thank you that CJ is going to be 10 years old!
Amen

Sorry for such a short prayer, but I felt like I should have a happy prayer today! See you guys soon!

CeCe

Anonymous said...

C.J. and Dawn,
Thank you for opening CJs birthday for all of us to celebrate. We will be there! We want your family to feel our love and how much we rejoice in God's promises and faithfulness. As always you can count with our prayers regarding this event and CJ's strength during the next weeks.
Love,
Wirleys

Bill & Mardy Freeman said...

Well, we would LOVE to come and as a blog reader, feel so special to be invited. I feel like we really do know you all after all this time. I don't think I've missed a post, and read them the same day they arrive. But, I will be in Nebraska helping my elderly mom move that week. I will be thinking of CJ on that day, and rejoicing with all of you, especially you, Dawn, because I can only imagine the depths your mother's heart has gone, and the depth of grace and peace that has encompassed you. May God continue to bless and keep the George Family - and Dawn, if you and/or CJ or your whole family are ever in the Gainesville area, you have a place to stay, and an invitation to speak to my mom's group. Thank you for transparently sharing your lives with us!!

Anonymous said...

Let's get this party started!!!!! The Gonzalez Gang will be there!!! Can't wait to celebrate with you CJ...God is so awesome!!!

Looking forward to it!
Marcos, Becky, Gabe, Amanda and Sophia

David Bush said...

Rock on! I'm totally hitting that bounce house!

Mitch said...

Sorry I can not be there for the celebration, but it brings me such joy to see a picture of a smiling little boy who has reached his 10th birthday and looks great! I hope you all have a wonderful time with family and friends in God's presence.
Mitch

Ily (hearts) said...

Hi,
The Figuroa's will be there. All four of us. We would not miss this very special day.
ILY

Anonymous said...

Alright!! The Chisholms will be there! :]
Can't wait, HAPPY Early Birthday C.J.!
Your always in my prayers Mr. soon to be ten year old!
Mucho love,
Andrea-

Anonymous said...

Alright!! The Chisholms will be there! :]
Can't wait, HAPPY Early Birthday C.J.!
Your always in my prayers Mr. soon to be ten year old!
Will be looking forward to that football game ;P
Mucho love,
Andrea-

Andrea said...

whoops sorry for the double post... don't know what happened :/

Sedanos said...

The Sedanos will be there!!!

Natalie C said...

Dear George family,

My family and I are definitely going to be there. I am so excited to come.And very very excited to see you guys soon!


Dear CJ,

I can not believe your ten!!!!!. I can remember all the the fun times I have had with you and your family and hope to have more to come, I love all you guys. And again I con not believe your ten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.


Natalie







Natalie

mefea said...

I'll be there...hey Allie you up for making the worlds longest paper chain again for decorations ;)

~mindy p

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn and CJ, what a wonderful invitation, I'm always in when it comes to parties and celebrations and would love to come. However, we will be out of town that weekend. As for suggestions for parks have you contacted Amelia Earhart they have some very nice pavillions, especially the "coorporate" pavillion. It is wonderful that you and your family are at this point in your journey. I too rejoice with you in CJ's point of treatment. May God's joy love, and perseverance continue to reign in your hearts.
Warmly,
Wilma

Anonymous said...

I should know next week if I can make it. What does CJ want for his Birthday?

I am also going to buy more bracelets this weekend.

Hope to see you there.

Dan

Kevin, said...

What perfect timing for a double celebration! The Abegg’s plan on being there and enjoy God’s faithfulness exemplified in CJ and your whole family!

CeCe said...

Oh ya, CJ, what do you want for your Birthday!?!?!? Happy early birthday! Talk to you soon!

CeCe

Pastor Fred said...

Happy Birthday,
10 is a good age and by God's grace you are there. Thanks for the invitation, but I'm on the other side of the country in California. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
Pastor Fred Kerr
Greenville California

Vanessa Marie Fernandez said...

How exciting!!!

Oh, how I wish that Fernando and I could come - we are leaving for New York for a mini vacation that morning at 6am :o(

we will be celebrating in spirit - and even now, I am moved with tears of joy and I think of CJ (Lord willing) playing a game of football with my brother and others.

Vanessa

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,

I can't believe it has been 6 months, seems so much longer. We are so happy that CJ is now in maintenance!
It would be really great if we could make it down there for that weekend.. we will see what the possibilities are. But if we don't make it I look so much forward to seeing all the pictures here on the blog. What a weekend that is going to be... beginning of maintenance, birthday, friends and family and Church!!
Lots of love,
Nicole Ana Alberto

Anonymous said...

CJ, How cool, double digit birthday! God has already used you to touch so many lives, imagine what He has for the rest of your life!! I pray you are able to keep your eyes fixed on the cross and the fullness of what has been provided there and take one day at a time serving God. His grace is sufficient for each day and His mercies are fresh and new. I continue to pray for good blood counts, strength, peace and complete healing.
I love to see the joy on your face when you get to shoot the air soft pellets and run around the yard. I always thank God for the strength He has given you and it brings a smile to my face. Especially when I have to wave a surrender flag to walk safely across your yard during a shoot out. You are always considerate of others by stopping your game to say hi and let us pass by so we don't get shot. It is in the little things God is often most glorified. Good job CJ!
As for you party, we are supposed to have a homeschool meeting at our house that day from 2-4 so I think we will be able to stop by for a bit at the beginning but that depends on the location. Either way I hope you have a blast enjoying the sun, fun, and fellowship.
With love, Vonda Gray

Alibrandi said...

I can't wait! I'll so be there for you bro!
David, we should get the bounce house that comes with the big boxing gloves so you and i could have a match!
Mindy, I'm so up to it! But this time we can do it at my expense!
I'm totally excited and can just imagine the outcome of this astronomical party!

~Randi


p.s.
for all you who don't go to t.l.p, astronomical is a vocabulary word. It means: huge, great number, very large....etc....

Anonymous said...

Grandma Paula will be there. I'll be the one thanking every one from the bottom of my heart for all the prayers, support, gifts, fellowship you have all provided to Dawn, Chris, CJ and the entire family. CJ I think this is going to be the biggest turn out you've ever had. I'm hoping so.



Yippeee!!!

Break the Mold said...

Vonda,

We changed the time to an hour earlier to accommodate and I think they are changing the meeting to an hour later to accommodate so I hope that helps....

We really want everyone to be there so we are trying to make this happen for everyone!
Love you,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

The Abolsky family will definitely be there to celebrate with all of you this special occasion for CJ. As one of the silent blog readers, I thank you for the invition to CJ big day and letting us share this happy occasion with you.Can't wait to see you all, love and praying for CJ's strength, Isabel

Anonymous said...

CJ,

Aunt Jackie, Uncle Harold, Kevin and Kyle will be there! I have such tears of joy after reading the post! I can not wait to see you guys. I am sure Harold's mom, sister, and little Emma will be there as well. Harold Sr. will be in Germany. I know you are still going through treatment and have your hard days, hours, and moments. I pray that it will all be over soon and you will be healthier than when you started treatment. I pray that your back will NEVER bother you again and you wll feel better than ever. What do you want your Aunt Jackie to get you for your birthday?

Dawn,

I would love to be able to donate something to the picnic. How about a clown, that does ballons and face paints? Let me know!

Love,

Jacks

Anonymous said...

We would all love to celebrate with your family. And Thank You for inviting us and letting us join in on your celebration. Can you please give us any suggestions on gifts? Is there any stores that he loves to shop at that we can purchase gift cards or would money be the best? Is there anything else that your extended family can assist in like drinks, cups etc? We would all love to help. Thanks and God Bless

Break the Mold said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Break the Mold said...

Thank you for asking what CJ likes. First, We want to say that we want everyone to come and feel un-obligated to buy a gift. We know these are tough times for many families so please know we get that!

However for those of you that want to bring a birthday present, thank you. We gratefully accept!

CJ likes military, weaponry, airsoft, and sports. He likes games for the DS or XBox but I don't know what he has so I would have to say gift cards are the easiest for that.
His favorite stores are Outdoorworld, Target, and Walmart.

I hope that is helpful.
Dawn and Chris

Amber S. said...

O my gosh i am sooooo excited about this party c.j. but you must be DOUBLE excited (just like your DOUBLE digits!!! haha). We have been praying for you often and will continue to pray that you will feel well for your birthday!

Love ya tons!!!

Ambie
:P

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Colossians 1:11
Being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully.

Gabriel Gonzalez said...

Congratulations CJ! I pray that the Lord continues to help you stay strong in Him.

Love,
Gabe

Anonymous said...

Greetings form Guatemala.

GOD willing CJ is doing much better after his resent short stay at the
hospital.

I thought that you might want to know and maybe share with him the
following;

You can tell him that you have friends (the Cuban connection) that pray for him in high places, well 30,000 feet above sea level.

This afternoon on my way to Guatemala I felt that I wanted to pray for CJ, and I did, I also read prayerfully for him (or thinking of him) Psalms 98
thru 102 and tonight I will continue with Psalms 103 tonight.

Once he feels better Nelly and I will love to have CJ and family over for Cuban food/BBQ (well Americanized /Cuban food).

May GOD grant us all our wishes for CJ and his family.

PS, tell CJ that his blue bracelet flew today at 30,000 feet and over 500 miles per hour.

Shalom,

From Guatemala with love,
Tony and Nelly Perez

Anonymous said...

hey c.j.

Just want you to know that I'm still praying for you, I haven't forgotten. I hope to be there for your party. Can't wait to see you soon!

Joe

Anonymous said...

Everything on earth, shout with joy to God! Sing about his glory! Make his praise glorious! Say to God, Your works are amazing. Psalm 66: 1-3>>>>>>>>> WOW!!!! this is so perfect a scripture for all that our God has done in C.J. life and a perfect one for celebrating C.J.s PARTY. God has!!!! been gracious and loving and we all need to be shouting praises from the rooftops. OUR GOD IS TRULY WITHOUT EXCEPTION AN AWESOME AWESOME GOD. I love you so much Father, thank you for all you have done and for all you will do in C.J.s life. Amen!!!!!! You are lifted in prayer!!!!

Me said...

Dear Dawn

I am so thankful that CJ is getting stronger. We would never miss his b-day for nothing. We'll be there. I can't believe it's been 6 months. Prayer is strong.
I pray that God continues to bless your whole family. I enjoyed the pictures. I love you guys...

See ya sooner than soon, :)

Dan the Cobra Man said...

CJ,
Unfortunately, I am unabvle to make it. I am still praying for you and I hope you have a great time at your Birthday gathering and going to Church on Sunday as a family again.

You will be getting something in the mail soon. Happy Birthday
Dan the Cobra Man

Dan the Cobra Man said...

CJ,
Unfortunately, I am unabvle to make it. I am still praying for you and I hope you have a great time at your Birthday gathering and going to Church on Sunday as a family again.

You will be getting something in the mail soon. Happy Birthday
Dan the Cobra Man