Friday, January 15, 2010

Prayer Request..Quick Update



We need your prayers for our family. I don't know where else to turn except to the Lord and to all of you that God has placed in our lives as our prayer warriors.

As most of you know, CJ's Poppa Jerry passed away three months ago unexpectedly and the family has been dealing with pain and confusion over the sudden loss ever since. Today we found out that CJ's Poppa Enzo is in very serious condition. A large tumor was found in his lungs as well as other parts of his body. He is in the hospital and all we know right now is that it is "serious" and he will start radiation and possibly chemo right away. We are begging you for prayer for him, my mother Paula and for CJ and his siblings as they are struggling to understand why so much is happening to the ones they love.

CJ wrote his poppa a letter yesterday telling him that he knows how scary what he is going through is and that he loves him and to trust God for strength. Imagine a 10 year old encouraging his 5o something year old grandpa to be strong through cancer and that he knows what it is like. I cried when I read it and my mom said his poppa cried as he read it too.

CJ is at the hospital getting his blood counts with his dad. As I type this they are waiting for the results. I pray they come back in normal ranges and they don't increase his meds anymore at this time. He was very sick last Saturday morning from increase in the chemo and was throwing up all morning. It was very sad to see him like that and we are using other meds to counter the nausea that comes and goes. He id doing better now but has to take that high dose again tonight so we are hoping he will not be so sick this time.

(Chris just called me and said CJ counts came back and he is neutropenic which means his counts are low and he is at high risk for infection. This is a result of the high doses of chemo he had last week and on New Years Eve. They will hold all chemo for a week and retest him. I guess I can look at the bright side....he won't be throwing up tomorrow morning since he doesn't have to take his chemo tonight!)

Thank you for praying for our family and for sticking by us through all of this. I still can not believe this all started a little over a year ago. So much has happened since CJ's diagnosis. So much sadness and loss and yet so many miracles and joys as well. When I struggle to understand why so much is happening in our family, I am reminded that we would not truly know joy if we have never known pain. We can not really appreciate gain if we have never experienced loss. We can not rejoice if we have never mourned. How do I value happiness and simple things if I have not suffered through sadness and difficult things?


CJ's grandma Paula and Poppa Enzo


15 comments:

Reta Krukowski said...

Praying for your family. Sometimes or a lot of times it seems like so many bad things happen that we can't go on but we do. I lost my mother, sister within a few months, my brother was diagnosed with cancer at the same time and my cousin died from cancer all within 9 months and my husband died last year from the same cancer that took my father and sister. Somehow, I am still functioning and things are easier now. I will be praying for God to give you the strength you need to get through all this and for healing for all your loved ones.
Hugs
Reta

Jo Anne said...

We'll be praying for you guys. You've definitely had a really difficult year. We love you, Jo Anne

Anonymous said...

Just push through each day - we are standing in the gap! God will go before you and He has your back. We love you and are praying! aunt Karen and uncle Terry

David Bush said...

Praying for you guys! Thanks for the update!

somewhereintime said...

(((Dawn))) praying for you and your family. I can't believe Enzo is ill too. It is so touching to read about CJ's letter. He is so precious.

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You anoint my head with oil; My cup runs over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me All the days of my life; And I will dwell in the house of the LORD Forever."

We Love you guys, Alexa

Anonymous said...

Recently I have been reading accounts in the Old Test. where God's people had to face armies that outnumber them by the thousands and there is initial fear. After God delivers them, however, they are overwhelmed by the spoil that they get to obtain from their enemies. My prayer is that when this battle is over, God will allow you to see all things that He has done both internally and eternally in and through you. Our prayers go with you as you continue to battle, and we trust the Lord to continue to strengthen you beyond what you can imagine.

desi

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God's peace and comfort remain in your mind and heart.
With love,
Wilma

Wendy Whitlow said...

Praying you through my sister. Keep us posted. I'm really sorry Dawn.
Just know our Heavenly Father is never caught off guard...and He is clinging tightly to you all during this time.

Reta...I don't know you my dear...but thanks for your post. Another fascinating testimony of how God gets us through - even the unimaginable.

xo,
Wendy

Sonia said...

Dear Dawn, we are so shock with the news, that don´t have words. Give to your mother a big hug from me.
Love,
Sonia.

Anonymous said...

Dear Dawn,

Its hard to understand sometimes how all these things can happen, one right after the other. It puts everything into question. But faith is all we have, if we loose that then there is really nothing left. We are all praying and have you all in our thoughts and hearts.

Nicole, Ana Alberto

Anonymous said...

Praying for you! The Gavilans

martha said...

Dear Dawn,

I am so sorry to hear that, but I am here praying for your family every day, I have you all in my heart and prayers.

In Christ,

Martha

Anonymous said...

We're very sad to hear about Poppa Enzo and CJ's blood counts. We continue steadfastly to pray for your family. May God pour his grace, mercy, and love and give you all strength and great comfort in these trials.
May God fill all of you with faith daily.

Love,

Viguie Family

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn, just got to read this post. So very sorry to hear about this news. Will definitely be praying and will ask others to do the same.

In Christ,

Delfi from CC

Anonymous said...

Dawn, I am sending my Prayers For your entire family. Enzo & Paula has been a big inspiration in my life and has helped me through difficult times if they need any help or anthing just let me know. God is with you and your all in his hands trust me on this. The Unverzagt's